An Experienced Real Estate Lawyer in New York City, NY For the Purchase and Sale of Residential and Commercial Properties
Whether you are a first-time buyer, an investor, or selling your property, the team at the Law Offices of Sergey Davydov, made up of experienced real estate attorneys in New York City, NY, will guide you through the entire process from contract to closing. This is an exciting time in your life as you are making the most significant purchase or sale in your life and we will make sure that your investment is protected. Our team looks forward to working with you as you take this large step with your personal or professional real estate investment.
There are key issues in every transaction that need to be addressed depending upon the particular transaction and our office will ensure that these key issues are resolved in your favor. Our experience with real estate contracts is what makes choosing us the best decision when you’re looking for a real estate lawyer in New York City, NY.
One of the most important things to understand about residential and commercial real estate transactions is that you need an experienced attorney to protect your interests. If you are obtaining the financing you only get 30-45 days to obtain a mortgage, and often times even when your lender issues you a commitment, the loan for whatever reason fails to fund. If the contract of sale does not take into account the possibility of your loan failing to fund, you may lose your entire deposit which depending on the purchase price is often thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is just one example of how a real estate deal can go wrong.
We negotiate contracts that protect your interests without putting the deal at risk and make sure you understand all of the terms in the contract of sale. We make sure our clients do not fall into common pitfalls that can make the transaction frustrating, devastating, and costly.
- Review and/or drafting of the contract of sale
- Negotiating Key legal issues in the contract of sale to protect your interests
- Title Review to determine if there are any liens or encumbrances on the property
- Removal of Liens, violations, and/or encumbrances on the property
- Review of financial statements of the corporation and the related minutes to determine the financial stability of the building (Co-op Purchase)
- Review of financial statements and bylaws (Condominium Purchase)
- Negotiation and drafting of any post-closing possession agreements
- Review of any applicable leases and/or rent rolls(Commercial property Purchase)
- Calculate closing costs
- Appear at the closing to explain and execute the proper transfer documents
Questions? Interested in getting in contact with one of our real estate attorneys in New York City, NY? Call us today for your free consultation!